Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web
Search

Featured Fund

PUBLIC ISLAMIC BOND FUND (PIBOND)
Fund Objective
To provide annual income to investors through investment in Islamic debt securities.
3-Year
Fund Volatility
2.7
very low
Lipper Analytics
10 Apr 2020
Launch Date
15 August 2001
Performance of PIBOND vs its Benchmark Index Over the Following Periods Ended 30/04/2020
PIBOND (%) Benchmark (%) PIBOND (%) Benchmark (%)
Total Return Annualised Return
7.21 3.39 7.21 3.39
19.30 10.49 6.04 3.37
30.72 17.87 5.50 3.34
69.58 37.41 5.42 3.23
186.78 83.42 5.81 3.30
Performance of PIBOND and Benchmark Index (Since Fund Commencement* to 30/04/2020)
Benchmark: 12-month General Investment Account (GIA) Rates
* Commencement Date - 04 September 2001
"
  • For the 12 months ended 31 March 2020, Public Islamic Bond Fund (PI BOND or the Fund) registered a return of +5.05% and outperformed its benchmark’s return of +3.48% over the same period. Over the medium- to long-term period of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years, the Fund generated respective returns of +16.56%, +27.86% and +65.85% which outperformed its benchmark’s respective returns of +10.48%, +17.86% and +37.38%.
  • Since commencement on 4 September 2001 (being the last day of the initial offer period), PI BOND registered a total return of +178.95% and outperformed its benchmark’s return of +82.96%.
  • As at 31 March 2020, 94.39% of PI BOND’s Net Asset Value (NAV) was invested in a diversified portfolio of corporate sukuk and government debt securities, while the remaining 5.61% was invested in Islamic liquid assets.
  • PI BOND will maintain its strategy of investing in a diversified portfolio of sukuk which have strong credit fundamentals as well as government debt securities.


You are advised to read and understand the contents of the Master Prospectus 1 of Public Series of Shariah-Based Funds dated 30 April 2019, 1st Supplemental Prospectus of Public Series of Shariah-Based Funds dated 22 January 2020 and the relevant fund?s Product Highlights Sheet (PHS) before investing. The Prospectus and Supplemental Prospectus have been registered with the Securities Commission Malaysia who takes no responsibility for their contents, and neither should their registration be interpreted to mean that the Securities Commission Malaysia recommends the investment.

You should note that there are fees, charges and risks involved in investing in unit trust funds; and that the prices of units and distribution payable, if any, may go down as well as up. Please refer to the Prospectus, Supplemental Prospectus and PHS for information pertaining to the above. Past performance of a fund is not an indication of its future performance. Applications to purchase units must come in the form of a duly completed application form referred to in and accompanying the Prospectus and Supplemental Prospectus. A copy of the Prospectus, Supplemental Prospectus and PHS can be obtained from your attending unit trust consultant or nearest Public Mutual Branch/Customer Service Centre and Public Mutual?s website.


"