Select the search type
  • Site
  • Web
Search

Featured Fund

PB FIXED INCOME FUND (PBFI)
Fund Objective
To provide a steady stream of annual income through its investment in private debt securities (bonds) and money market instruments.
3-Year
Fund Volatility
2.2
very low
Lipper Analytics
14 Dec 2020
Launch Date
03 October 2002
Performance of PBFI vs its Benchmark Index Over the Following Periods Ended 31/12/2020
PBFI (%) Benchmark (%) PBFI (%) Benchmark (%)
Total Return Annualised Return
5.36 2.22 5.36 2.22
19.13 9.02 5.99 2.91
29.19 16.00 5.25 3.01
59.63 35.62 4.78 3.09
164.38 79.52 5.49 3.27
*Source: Lipper, as at 31 Dec 2020
Performance of PBFI and Benchmark Index (Since Fund Commencement* to 31/12/2020)
Benchmark: 12-month Fixed Deposits Rate quoted by Malayan Banking Berhad.
* Commencement Date - 23 October 2002


  • For the 12 months ended 30 November 2020, PB Fixed Income Fund (PBFI or the Fund) registered a return of +5.05% and outperformed its benchmark’s return of +2.34% over the same period. Over the medium- to long-term period of 3 years, 5 years and 10 years, the Fund generated respective returns of +18.71%, +28.83% and +58.98% which outperformed its benchmark’s respective returns of +9.12%, +16.14% and +35.73%.
  • Since commencement on 23 October 2002 (being the last day of the initial offer period), PBFI registered a total return of +162.52% and outperformed its benchmark’s return of +79.24%.
  • As at 30 November 2020, 95.4% of PBFI’s Net Asset Value (NAV) was invested in a diversified portfolio of corporate and government bonds, while the remaining 4.6% was invested in liquid assets.
  • PBFI will maintain its strategy of investing in a diversified portfolio of bonds which have strong credit fundamentals as well as government debt securities.


Our investment disclaimer can be viewed here.